Interested in working at a homegrown Calgary shop that's growing by partnering with clients and delivering superior service? With a team that’s committed to quality and customer satisfaction? At a place where integrity is paramount and giving customers peace of mind is the goal every day?
At Mountain View Printing, we’re all on the same team. The company’s partners started out on the shop floor. They’re insanely passionate about what they do. And they’re looking for long-term employees who share their vision. Many of our employees have been with us for over a decade because the bosses don’t act like bosses (or wear suits ... at least not very often).
We’re all friends here and want everyone to love coming to work each day. Sound like fun?
We are currently looking for a:
Graphic Designer/Project Coordinator
Mountain View Printing & Graphics Ltd. is looking for a full-time Graphic Designer/Project Coordinator to join our Production team. This individual will report to the Senior Graphic Designer and work collaboratively with many different departments within the company.
What you’ll do:
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating both print and web project designs and mock-ups for various clients, as well as managing the fine details of multiple projects from concept through the printing process.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment where the projects are as diverse as the clients. In addition to finding an organized, innovative candidate with exceptional attention to detail, we require someone who has strong time management and interpersonal communication skills. A positive demeanor is must.
You will also:
• Develop and produce concepts and creative for a diverse client base and their marketing initiatives
• Ability to develop innovative design solutions in accordance with company requirements, brand guidelines, standards, and timelines
• Produce print ready files, experience in prepress is an asset
• Manage project details and act as a liaison between the client, sales representatives, and production team
• Follow projects through from concept to shipping of finished product
• Create processes to ensure efficient workflow for design requests and other projects
• Able to prioritize work and manage multiple projects with tight, conflicting priorities
• Assist in clearly defining the production requirements for each project
• Must be a self-starter with excellent attention to detail, organizational, communication, and project management skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
What you bring:
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of graphic design: layout, typography, colour theory and production processes
• Work proficiently in a Mac and PC environment
• Proficiency in Adobe programs, including but not limited to InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Powerpoint, and Excel is an asset
• Knowledge of website and email design using HTML, CSS, and CMS
• Social media savvy. Experience with various platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In and Hootsuite
What you have done:
• Degree or Diploma in graphic design or equivalent
• 2 - 5 years of experience in design or visual related industry experience in a corporate environment
Please provide a link to your online portfolio or physical samples of design work, show us why we should hire you.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received and interviews will take place with prospective candidates until the position is filled. The official end date for accepting resumes will be June 14.
Please send resume, cover letter, portfolio, and salary expectations to Kim Foster at email@example.com.